1. Baxter D. and Appleby L. (1999), Case Register Study of Suicide Risk in Mental
Jr. Psy., 175, p322-26.
2. Bertolate J.N.(ed)(1993), Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of Mental, Neurological
and Psychosomatic Disorders, IV, Suicide, Geneva, WHO.
3. Brown, P.(2001), Effective treatments for mental illness are not being used, WHO says,
BMJ, 323, p769.
4. Haghighat Rahman, (1997), Psychiatry in Lithuania : the highest rate of suicide in the world,
Psychiatric Bulletin, 21, p 716-19.
5. Heyd D. and Bloch S. (1984), The ethics of suicide. In Sidney Bloch and Paul Chodoff’s
(eds) Psychiatric Ethics, Ox. Uni. Press N.Y., p 193-94.
6. Marshall J., Burnett W., and Brasure J. (1983), On Precipitating factors : Cancer as a cause
of suicide, Suicide and Life Threatening Beh., 13, p 15-27.
7. Mazurk P. M., Tierney H., Tarfidd K., Gross E. M., Morgan E. B., Hsu M.A., and Mann J. G. (1988),
Increased Risk of Suicide in persons with AIDS, JAMA, 259, p 1332-33..
8. Murray C.J.L. and Lopez A.D. (ed), (1996), The global burden of disease : a comprehensive
assessment of mortality and disability from disease, injury and risk factors in 1990 and projected to 2020, Cambridge
Mass., Harvard. Uni Press.
9. Neu S. and Kjellstrand C. M. (1986), Stopping long term dialysis : An empirical study of
withdrawal of life-supporting treatment, New Eng. Jr. of Med., 314, p 14-19.
10. Roy A. (2001), Suicide. In B. J. Sadock and V. A. Sadock (ed.) Kaplan and Sadock’s
Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry, 7th Ed., Vol-2, : Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore
11. Sadock B. J. and Sadock V. A. (2003), Suicide. In Kaplan and Sadocks Synopsis of Psychiatry
Behavioral Sciences/ Clinical Psychiatry, 9th Ed., Lippincott Williams and Wilkins Phil., p916.
12. Sartorius N. (1996), Suicide as a public health problem :an International perspective,
Arch Ind. Psychiatry, 3.
13. Stahl, S.M. (2003), Depression and Bipolar Disorders. In Essential Psychopharmacology:
Neuroscientific Basis and Practical Applications, Second Edn, Cam. Uni. Press 2000, First South
Asian Ed. 2003, Foundation Books, New Delhi. p 139-41.
14. Thomas, C. M. and Morris, S. (2003), Cost of depression among adults in England in 2000,
Br. Jr. Psy. 183, p 514-519.
15. Venkoba Rao A., (1999), Towards Suicide Prevention, Ind. Jr. of Psychiatry, 41, 4, p 280-88.
16. Wig N.N., (2001), World Health Day 2001, Editorial, Ind. Jr. of Psychiatry 43,
Mens Sana Monographs [MSM]: A Mens Sana Research Foundation Publication