1. Ahmed, P.I., and Coelho, G.V. (1979), Toward a New Definition
of Health, Plenum Press, N.Y.
2. Crew, F.A.E. (1965), Health,
Its Nature and Conservation, Pergamon Press, London.
3. Donald, C.A. (1978), Social
Health In : Conceptualizing and Measurement of health for adults in the health insurance study, Santa Monica, CA, Rand Corp. Vol. 4
4. Dubos, R. (1969), WHO
Chronicle, 23: 499.
5. Dutta, G.P. (1988), How Healthy is our National
Health Policy. ? J.I.M.A., 86: 3, 57-60.
6. Evang, K. (1967), Health
of Mankind, Ciba Foundation, 100th Symposium, Churchill, London.
7. Government of India (1946), Report of the Health
Survey and Development Committee, Govt. of India Press, Shimla.
8. Government of India (1962), Report
of the Health Survey and Planning Committee, Ministry of Health, New Delhi.
9. Government of India (1973), Report
of the Committee on Multi-Purpose Workers under Health and Family Planning Programme, Dept.
of Family Planning, Ministry of Health and Family Planning, New Delhi.
10. Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family
Planning (1975), Report of Group on Medical Education and Support Manpower, New Delhi.
11. Government of India (1976), Swasth Hind, 20, 233.
12. Government of India (1999),
Ninth Five Year Plan (1997-2002) Vol.1 Development goals strategy and policies, Planning
13. Government of India (2002), National Health Policy
2002, Department of Health, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
14. Laycock, S.R. (1962), Canadian
Journal of Public Health, 53, 413.
15. Park, K. (2003), Park’s
Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine, 17th Edn., Reprint 2003, Banarsidas Bhanot, Jabalpur.
16. Sigerist, H.E. (1941), Medicine
and Human Welfare, Yale University Press, New Haven.
17. Walgate, R (1988), WHO chief to become growth
‘terrorist’, Indian Express, April 7, 1988, 6.
18. WHO/UNICEF (1978), Primary
Health Care, Report of the International Conference on Primary Health Care, Alma Ata, USSR,
“Health for All” Series No. 1, Geneva.
19. WHO (1978), Health for
All Sr. No. 1.
20. WHO (1979), Formulating Strategies
for Health for All by the year 2000, “Health for All” Series No. 2.
21. World Health Assembly (1975), Psychosocial
Factors and Health, WHO Executive Board Document EB 57/22, Nov. 20, 1975.